The second edition of the Global Atlas of Palliative Care produced by the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance in collaboration with the WHO is now available on the portal. This edition provides an update to the current siatuation of palliative care development globaly since the first edition was published in 2014.
The Global Atlas of Palliative Care addresses the following questions:
- What is palliative care?
- How many people are in need of palliative care worldwide?
- What are the main diseases requiring palliative care?
- What are the main barriers to palliative care?
- Where are the existing gaps?
- How well is palliative care developed in each country?
- Where is palliative care currently available?
- What are the models of palliative care worldwide?
- What resources are devoted to palliative care?
- What is the way forward?